A whopping 80% of homeowners in Travis County overpay on their property taxes. And the worst part? As the market gets more and more competitive, that number only stands to grow in the coming months. It’s a frustrating but sad fact, and it’s costing Texans thousands and thousands of dollars every year. Don’t become one of them yourself. Follow these steps and learn how to appeal property taxes.
How to Appeal Property Taxes in Travis County
As a homeowner, it’s your right to protest your Travis County property tax, and in today’s market, you probably should. As buyers clamber to snap up what little inventory is out there, bidding wars break out, driving prices up – and appraisals right along with them.
Though you could learn how to appeal property taxes yourself—filing forms, faxing in appraisals, submitting evidence, and attending Appraisal Review Board hearings and judicial appeals—there’s a much easier way to protest your Travis County property tax. It’s this simple:
- Fill out the short form on our website. It only takes 3 minutes.
- We’ll protest the taxes on your behalf, researching your property and handling all necessary forms, hearings and appeals.
- Wait for the good news!
While many homeowners enjoy the hands-off, no-hassle aspect of our protest process, there are even more reasons to choose Five Stone Tax Advisers to help you protest your property taxes:
- You have a 20% better shot at a successful appeal than if you try to go it alone. (Pro tip: Want an even better shot at winning your protest? Get your neighbors to appeal their taxes, too. The lower appraised values are in your area, the better chance you’ll have of lowering yours as well.)
- You pay nothing unless we successfully lower your taxes.
- Our team has a 90% success rate in protesting property taxes.
- A third of our profits go to local and international charities.
Don’t Overpay Ever Again.
Want to make sure you’re not one of the many Austin area residents overpaying on your property taxes? Then time is of the essence. Fill out our form to get started on your Travis Country property tax protest right away and you won’t have to worry about how to appeal property taxes on your own. We don’t get paid unless we lower your taxes, so you’ve got nothing to lose!