The Austin area is a great place to call home, but skyrocketing property taxes present significant challenges if you are a homeowner. However, there is relief available. Five Stone Tax Advisers can help you file a tax protest with the central appraisal district office and possibly obtain a property tax reduction on your behalf.
Seven Strategies for Putting Together a Strong Tax Protest
- Your first step in putting together your Travis County property tax protest is providing us with the information essential to making a strong case. Simply fill out our online form; it takes five minutes or less.
- Make sure you meet the filing deadline by contacting us immediately upon receiving your new assessment. You have 30 days to file a property tax reduction request after you receive the Notice of Appraised value on your Travis County property or until May 15, whichever is the later date.
- Typically, only one out of every seven property owners formally protests a property tax hike, according to The Dallas News. However, there is strength in numbers. Round up your neighbors, and mount a united protest.
- Make sure your protest has professional polish. Enlist the help of our tax protest specialists who draw upon their objectivity, experience, and proprietary tools to prepare a clear, logical and compelling case.
- Provide us with the numbers and evidence to back up your protest. For example, if you added a garden shed last year that your new assessment overvalues, give us your receipts to prove it, or if your home was significantly damaged in a storm, provide us with your repair invoice.
- Your presentation at the final hearing must be convincing, organized and well-researched. Our professionals at Five Stone Tax Advisors specialize in crafting a tight case which meets or exceeds all of the key criteria.
- Get a property tax professional to represent you in the formal hearing. This strategy acknowledges the importance of the formal hearing and indicates your respect for the process overall
Gain Better Results with Five Stone Tax Advisers
If you need to file a property tax protest in Travis County, your best strategy for success is enlisting Five Stone Tax Advisers to provide professional help. Our advocates work selflessly on your behalf to slow down your runaway taxes to a more manageable pace. We will work tirelessly to win the most positive results possible on your behalf. Get started today.
I tried doing this myself to no avail. With Five Stone, it is so easy. They know exactly what to do and how to do it and their results for my tax assessment has been positive every time. –Bonnie B.